Monday, December 15, 2008

MikonT

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: MikonT

Valley Forge - Stable In Winter by mikonT

Daily Bread by mikonT


1: How long have you been involved in photography?
Behind the camera for 2 years. Along side of the camera as an art director, longer than I care to admit.

2: Equipment you use?
I use Nikon. Here's the list:
Nikon D300
Nikon D200
10-20mm 4.5 - 5.6 Sigma zoom
17-55mm, f2.8 Nikon zoom
80-200mm, f2.8 Nikon zoom
50mm, f1.8 Nikon prime
Lensbaby 2.0
#4 ND filter
Circular Polarizer
Manfroto Tripod (pan head)

3: Mac or PC?
MAC G5 Tower, Duel 1.8 GHz processors, PowerPC
(yeah, it's an older one but it moves along ok for now).
Photoshop CS3
Photomatix Pro

What inspires you?
Looking at, what I consider to be exceptional art, in whatever form it takes (photography, painting, etc). There is quite enough talent here on Flickr, so I need not go too far to find inspiration.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Well if you look at my stream it's kind of all over the place, but I'd have to say the majority is Valley Forge, its living history and landscape.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Gee there are so many (I don't get away much). How about wildlife in some remote portion of the planet, on an early misty morning, with columns of light streaming through the trees. Yeah, like that will happen.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My wife and children. They give me honest answers. Sometimes it's their silence that helps the most.

Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I have no training in any software at all. I have always learned by looking, listening, asking questions and experimenting. I've been doing it for a good while. I started on a 512K MAC Plus. State of the art!!

9: Plans for the future?
No real plans -- just put one foot in front of the other, walk down life's path, enjoy the view and be happy in the process. I know, borrrr-ing! Snore.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Personal

No comments: