Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Green Lover

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Green Lover
water jewellery by green_lover
About this photo… It was cloudy, cold and rainy day and I even wouldn’t like to go outside, but I had to go to the shop. I went out and after some minutes I was walking by small bushes, where was a lot of spider’s web with many little drops of water. I always have a camera in my bag, so I just took it and started to take photos. For some time I forgot about my shopping and cold day, ‘cos these drops looked fantastic and even my mood was started to be better. I thought, that it’s good to have a camera, even in so gray day like that, ‘cos nature sometimes can to show us beautiful surprise.

Autumn in micro world :) by green_lover
I took this photo in the beginning of Autumn, just on the lawn at the front of the building, where I live. I was walking to home and I’ve seen this little red leaf between green. I thought, that Autumn is coming also to micro world, not only to trees and bushes and that it will be good to show it also to other people :)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

It’s hard to say, ‘cos I think that it was all my life. My father loved to take photos too. He was an amateur, but he could take good shots and I always like to help him. Of course, he also gave me my first camera.

2: Equipment you use?

I’m amateur and I have nothing special. Maybe in the future I’ll buy any better camera, but in this moment I have only Canon PowerShot SX100 IS

3: Mac or PC?

PC

4: What inspires you?

Nature and everything that surround me (also all these photos which I can see on Flickr). On my photos I try to show the world, how I see it with my eyes.

5: Preferred subject matter?

Mostly nature – landscapes, animals, trees, flowers and everything in this theme. But I also like to take shots of beautiful architecture or any thing or place which catch my eye.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

Bird in flight. I think, that it’s very difficult to take a good photo of flying bird.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

My father, sometimes husband and friends, especially Flickr friends. I’m amateur, so from time to time I like to ask someone about something in my photos (for ex. what capture is better or about any technical things).

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

I’ve never had any formal training, everything what I know I’ve learned by myself. I also don’t use Photoshop. I have some simple photo editing programs, but I don’t like to do many changes in photos. I like when they look naturally.

9: Plans for the future?

Taking shots is only my hobby, so I don’t have any plans with it. My plans rather concern now to my daughter (in 25 February will be her 2-nd birthday). But photography give me a lot of fun, so I’ll be surely go on with it.

10: In one word, describe your photography.

Well, it’s not easy… I don’t work with photography, I simply like to take shots, so maybe word “joy” will be good. I also thought about word “naturalness”, ‘cos I on my photos try to show the world how I see it.

No comments: