Thursday, March 31, 2011

AnnuskA - AnnA Theodora

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: AnnuskA - AnnA Theodora
She was like a Summer Storm by AnnuskA  - AnnA Theodora
This is one of my self-portraits I like the best. It was pretty fun to do it and it turned out like everything I had in mind and more! I love the drama and the atmosphere in it.

my last request... is that you'll always love me the best by AnnuskA  - AnnA Theodora
I have always been fascinated by these grass flowers/seeds lit by the sun. I can never get enough of portraits with them. Though this was just the second time I took a self-portrait surrounded by them.


1: How long have you been involved in photography?
In 2006 when I came back from a 3-month trip to London, I started to upload the photos on flickr. My friends said they were really good and started asking for more photos. What was just for fun started to get a more serious tone. Now I aim to be a professional photographer.

2: Equipment you use?
I am now using a Canon Rebel T1i and a 50mm 1.4 lens. I also have a Speedlight 430EXll. Not much yet.


3: Mac or PC?
I use PC, but I'd kill a lunatic dictator for an iMac. Hah! Just joking. (Kind of, call me if you have a proposal!) ;P

4: What inspires you?
Heh, people who always read my interviews are going to read this and go: "yeah yeah yeah, dreams... beauty... music... blablabla... next!". But this is pretty much the same answer I give to this question: I am inspired by dream-like imagery and music mostly :)

5: Preferred subject matter?
I have a passion for people portraits, the flexibility and creativity involved in the process is enticing. But I love love love nature photography as well.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Oh GOD!! There are still so many things! ;D But I crave for underwater photography!

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Oh, nobody really. I suffer in silence! And I have been suffering a lot lately! Hahahaha no, actually I confide in my boyfriend (but he doesn't understand my angst :P) or a fellow photographer friend. She gets the same feeling of not being good enough sometimes.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Hmmm I am majored in Business Administration, does that count? ;-) I am still all-self-taught when it comes to photography.

9: Plans for the future?
I would like to take a course in studio lighting. I need to buy new lenses... I am in talks for a feature on TV about a specific type of photography...

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Needsimprovementandfast hahahah ;-)

1 comment:

paul r kelly said...

Anna is far to modest.She is a natural.A true talent.Everyone should view her work on Flickr.Anna will become an addiction.